With every Great White Shirt we design, we add a little something special to set it apart from the others. This version is crafted with that wonderful dressmaker detail–the hemstitch–care of the Japanese firm, Shindo, maker of exquisite trims we often use.
Technically known as bar faggoting, we’ve placed the ¼-inch wide hemstitch trim ½-inch above each 4-inch long barrel cuff. Wear this shirt all on its own, or let the cuff’s detail peek out beneath a bracelet length sleeve sweater or jacket.
Like the others, this Great White Shirt is our interpretation of that take-anywhere, go-with-nearly-anything tailored white shirt. Beautifully crafted with long-staple, 100 percent fine cotton shirting with an easy-care finish (read: minimal pressing required), this slim-cut white blouse is appointed with engraved mother-of-pearl buttons and features a covered front button placket.
- Slim-fit shirt
- Covered front button placket
- ¼”wide hemstitched (faggoting edge) detail placed ½” above each cuff
- Extended 4-inch long cuffs with single button closure
- 2 3/8” pointed collar tips
- Slightly longer back length
- Curved menswear-style shirttail and gusset
- Engraved mother-of-pearl buttons
- 100% easy-care pinpoint cotton
- Our model Lesli is 5’ 8” tall and wears a size small in our G.W.S. with Hemstitched Cuffs
While our fitted shirts run true to size, if you possess a large bust we recommend you check the "Sizing Details" tab–in The Tool Kit– to ascertain the shirt's dimensions and determine what size will suit you best. Many women elect to take the next size up.